Featured Post

How Did I Join This Program?

Friday 7 February 2020

About the School: UTSS

UTSS or Senior High School at Sakado, University of Tsukuba is my host-school here in SEA-Teacher program. UTSS is integrated high school pioneer in Japan and also a Super-Global School to nurture a global outlook in students. It's indeed a big opportunity to have my teaching practice here.



My cooperating teacher, Saitou Sensei told me that this school have unique curriculum and system. It has integrated curriculum which is designed to enable independent learning to match the individuality and career paths of students. Various elective subject groups are offered which are arranged in series based on the learning goals and systematization of the course of study.

Saitou Sensei also told me that Japan has three different educational system in its public school. First, the regular school. Second, the vocational school. And third, the comprehensive school which combined the regular and vocational system into one system.

You can find more about the school in UTSS Website or University of Tsukuba website.

No comments:

Post a Comment